Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm Such a One-Trick Pony

If you follow me on Facebook, you know what's been stressing me out lately.

But the stress continues. Read this.

I love you Katha Pollitt. you are so right, even though your rightness breaks my heart and leaves me in tears.

I am go glad I don't work in politics or live anywhere near it these days. I'm so angry from afar, I don't know how I'd feel if I were in the middle of it in every way. If my life were still fighting this fight. And yet I feel terrible because my life is not fighting this fight.

So in case I have not said it clearly: Abortion is legal. Abortion is a constitutional right. Abortion is healthcare.

Tragically, we're not even just debating whether abortion is healthcare. We're debating whether birth control is healthcare. We're debating whether any reproductive healthcare apart from giving birth is healthcare. This is abominable.

For shame America.

No comments: