Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thankfulness

The week of Thanksgiving kept me pretty busy. I'm still busy. But I have been meaning to post about what I'm thankful for at this time of thanks. Better late than never, so here goes.

I am thankful to be married to the world's greatest husband -- someone who values me, gets me, cracks me up, shares my passions, and loves me... and also happens to be the best and hottest and awesomest ;) guy I've ever met.

I am thankful for my family, who I love through everything, and I am thankful we are all healthy. I am especially thankful for my mom, for everything she always does for me. I am thankful to have brothers(-in-law, or -almost-in-law) for the first time. I am thankful to live in the same city as one of my sisters. I am thankful that my family-in-law is so awesome (and I continue to be more and more thankful for this when I hear others' in-law stories :). I am thankful for being an aunt.

I am thankful to have a job that I love, including challenging work and brilliant co-workers.

I am thankful that our country still has a wealth of freedoms. I am thankful for the right to dissent publicly. I am thankful for Justice Ginsburg's dissents and Dahlia Lithwick's columns.

I am thankful for my wealth of friends. I am blessed beyond measure when it comes to friends. I am thankful for shared passions with friends. I am thankful for heated debates with friends. I am thankful my friends don't mind that I'm terrible at keeping in touch.

I am thankful (and rather surprised) that even though I rarely exercise and rarely eat well, I'm not terribly unhealthy.

I am thankful to be a homeowner and a not-falling-apart car owner. I am thankful to be financially secure.

I am thankful for television. I am thankful for books. I am thankful for football season. I am thankful for lazy Sundays at home (which I really miss these days).

I am thankful that I am emotional. I am thankful that I am happy.

No comments: