Friday, May 24, 2013

I guess I'm not going to be one of those moms...

... who celebrates every month of Lois's first year of life.

Lois's one month birthday came and went this week. Wednesday, to be exact. She had her one month check up. She is tipping the scales just shy of 11 pounds but she's only grown a quarter inch vertically since she was born. So we officially have a chubby, shorty baby. Love it!


Yup, she's still got those cheeks!

Some people have asked how Rob and I are doing. Well, we are both exhausted but hanging in there. This week is our first full week with no help while Rob's back at work. Lo doesn't sleep through the night but she's inching towards 2-3 hour sleep sessions from between about 9pm to 4am... with a break or two or three to be fed, changed, burped, rocked, etc. So I try to sleep the first half of the night and Rob sleeps the second half of the night. It's not horrific, but thank god it's Friday.

As for my recovery, that's going well too. At the hospital when the doctor told me I was going to have to have a c-section, I didn't really think much about the "after." The first couple weeks were rough. I couldn't walk, sit, or stand without pain. But I'm off the narcotics and down to much more mild pain in my abdomen. I still can't wear clothes that put any pressure on my lower abs -- even maternity jeans get uncomfortable after a couple hours. So I basically spend 24 hours a day in yoga pants. There are certainly worse things.

All in all, we are all doing well, each day is a little easier, and Lo is still the cutest baby ever. :)

No comments: