Monday, February 25, 2008

Home sweet home

We are back from the wild west. We had an amazing time in Jackson Hole. I was just flipping through our photos and am still in awe of the scenery we saw. I'll upload everything soon and post a link.

Rob hit the nail on the head when we were trying to figure out why the pictures -- gorgeous though they may be -- still can't capture how breathtaking everything was. We were constantly surrounded by 360 degrees of unbelievable beauty, but all you see in the pictures is one view, one angle. It's not nearly enough.

Our trip was Thursday until today (Monday). We stayed at the stunning Four Seasons in Teton Village, where we could literally walk down the hallway from our room, pick up our boots and skis, and walk out the door to the ski lift. We snowmobiled. We skied. We hit the spa. We ate delicious food. We drank fabulous wine. We skied some more. And I didn't do a lick of work. Seriously! (Although I did check email and voicemail every day... but my co-workers awesomely gave me nothing to do. :)

Skiing in a snowstorm on untracked snow was definitely a high point. So peaceful and so much fun. I had to take off my scarf after fifteen minutes because it was soaked from the snow. My chin was chapped and raw after just an hour. But I never would have guessed that I could have such a good time skiing!

There was so much to take advantage of, and we really didn't want to come home. We will certainly go back to Jackson Hole. Many times, no doubt. We will certainly ski again (hopefully soon). Although we are beyond spoiled from the mountains in Jackson Hole. We will certainly snowmobile again (hopefully soon). Although who knows when we'll next ride through acres and acres of untouched snow-covered mountains. And now we have an enormous appreciation for a part of the country we had never before experienced.

No comments: