Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy 90th Birthday Grandma!

Rob and I were in Cleveland on Friday and Saturday to celebrate my grandmother's 90th(!) birthday on Friday and our annual family reunion. We had a great time with almost my entire extended family in attendance.



I love this picture of my grandma because on the left side of the table you have two of her grandchildren and three of her great-grandchildren (the older girl standing is a great-grandchild!). On my grandma's lap is one grandchild on the left and one great-grandchild on the right. Circling the table to the right are another grandchild and two great-grandchildren. Celebrating this weekend with Grandma were her six living children with their spouses and partners, about 25 grandchildren plus a few spouses, and about a dozen great-grandchildren. The oldest great-grandchild is nearing the end of high school, while the youngest was just born a couple weeks ago (and didn't make the trip to Cleveland)!

Here's my birthday picture with Grandma.


Here are some grandchildren putting together flower arrangements for our dinner on Saturday, which hosted about 75 people. Me, my cousin-in-law Jen (married to my cousin Alan), my cousin Anne (who is exactly one month younger than me), and my cousin Carol (the pioneer of our generation).


Rob got put to work on the grill for dinner, so he decided to teach my cousin Andrew some skills. Andrew preferred posing with the meat.


Now this is a family cooler -- mostly beer with a few juice boxes thrown in for show.

No comments: