Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sports Crazy Weekend!

This weekend we tried to hit every local sports game possible. Or so it seems. Saturday afternoon Rob and my cousin went off to the Cubs game against St. Louis. Saturday night Rob and I picked up Allison and Geoff and went to the Blackhawks playoff game. Then tonight Rob and I drove out to Toyota Park for the very first home game of the Chicago Red Stars -- the local women's pro soccer team in the new league that just launched this year.

The Blackhawks game was especially great as we saw the Hawks come back from a 2-0 deficit in the first period to win 3-2! The Cubs won their game too. And the Red Stars played to a 0-0 draw.

For any soccer fans out there, I can't recommend the new WPS enough. I saw dozens off WUSA games before it folded in 2003 and I think the quality of play is significantly improved. Lots more technique. Today we even saw a bicycle kick that the goalkeeper barely saved to keep the score 0-0. The weather was unfortunately terrible for a home opener. High 40s and pouring. But our season tickets happen to be in the very last row that's covered by the overhang, so we stayed fairly dry. I left my camera at home though.

Next weekend we're off to Indianapolis for the Teb's Troops event. Yea! If you're in Indy, you should go too!!!!

No comments: