Friday, July 06, 2007

Intervals

Last night Rob and I tried but failed to see Transformers. Alas, we got our movie times wrong. So maybe we'll catch it this weekend. We ended up renting the movie Miss Potter with Renee Zellweger playing Beatrix Potter, the famous author of children's books. The story itself was great -- I had no idea what a rebel she was in so many aspects of life. (Don't read the wikipedia entry if you plan on seeing the movie, it'll spoil you!) But I couldn't help but see Zellweger's Bridget Jones character shining through from time to time. She really only knows one way to be British, so her voice and mannerisms were almost distracting. Emily Watson is in the movie in a supporting role and I couldn't understand why they didn't cast her as Potter. I still enjoyed the movie though. Period pieces are always gorgeous.

Staying in meant that I got to work out last night. I tried interval running for the first time. I switched speeds every quarter mile for almost 2 miles and it seemed to go pretty well, so I'm going to keep at it to see if it'll help me build endurance.

Kat's Stats
7/5: 2.52 miles
TOTAL: 19.24 miles

Rob's Stats
7/5: 2.37 miles
TOTAL: 26.40 miles

No comments: