Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rob-isms

More often that I'd prefer, I stay up late working after Rob goes to bed. I've probably already said to everyone who reads this, and probably blogged about it, but one of my favorite things about Rob is that no matter how soundly he is sleeping when I crawl into bed, when I say "I love you" he always mumbles "I love you" back. Sometimes I even get an "I love you, yo." Rob never remembers these moments in the morning though.

Sunday night was one such late night. Before I even got ready for bed I was fumbling around in the dark trying to plug in my blackberry when I heard Rob half-asleep tell me that he unclogged the bathroom sink drain. Sweet. It's been really annoying lately. So I said thanks, knowing Rob would not remember and tell me about the drain again in the morning. But then Rob mumbled, "French fries and the Arctic Ocean." I tried not to laugh because I didn't want Rob to wake up. But I couldn't help whispering "What honey?" "What?" he mumbled back. "You just said 'french fries and the Arctic Ocean." "I'm french fries and the Arctic Ocean. I'm hot and cold at the same time." Well obviously. :)

Must have been something about his unconscious thinking of plumbing. Who knows. But I love that Rob, even asleep, could make "French fries and the Arctic Ocean" make sense. Rob was very entertained by his unconscious wackiness when I told him about it on Monday.

No comments: