Monday, April 23, 2007

We had a really busy weekend, with lots of work on the house and lots of work for work. It was hard getting up for work this morning because I was up so late last night working. Bummer. We also did enough painting this weekend to make us realize that we hate painting, although we are glad to be rid of a significant portion of the mustard-colored walls left by our home's previous owner. Yellow is one of my favorite colors, but the color just didn't work for our place.

Happily, we were able to squeeze in an excellent concert at the last minute, courtesy of Rob's friend Adolfo. A needed break from the paint fumes. Adolfo was emceeing a concert very close to us featuring Los Folkloristas. The music was beautiful - traditional Mexican, Argentinian, Chilean, and Dominican music and more. It definitely put me in a calm state of mind. Maybe too calm. The concert didn't start until 10pm on Saturday and we'd been working all day, so we had to sneak out at 12:15am to go home and go to bed because we were so exhausted.

While our weekend adventures took place, way across the country in Delaware, our nephew Daniel was playing a great couple games of Little League baseball. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have the world's greatest nephews and nieces. I love being an aunt. I can't post the actual pics because they're real news photos from delawareonline.com(!), so you have to follow the links.

Daniel pitched a perfect one inning, striking out two batters of the three batters he faced! Daniel also batted 3-5 in his two games. Way cool!

No comments: