Friday, October 12, 2007

Life is Busy, Work is Long

On a brief hiatus from a short work project I want to finish tonight (er, this morning) since I've got a long list of other work projects to get through this weekend, so I thought I'd check back into blog world. This means I'm only a step away from starting to return friends' emails again soon... hopefully.

Things have been busy, which I suppose is not really new. Now that I'm a practicing attorney, I can't talk too much about the work aspects of life that are keeping me busy.Too bad actually, because there's a ton I'd love to talk about. Everything is so new. Suffice to say, there's a lot going on.

The rest of our life has been jam-packed as well. Our brother-in-law Taber finished 18 miles of the Chicago marathon last Sunday before it was called off by race officials due to the extreme heat -- record highs! We are very glad he's okay and that he made it so far and that he raised another $2400 for cancer research. He's off to the NYC marathon in November and it looks like Rob and I will be at the finish line for that one.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see this marathon. I hit the road on Sunday morning to DC to go to my law school friend Sarah's wedding. Sarah is not only a great friend, but has also been a great mentor to be through law school and beyond. The wedding was gorgeous, with two very moving poems read by friends of the happy couple. Probably the best wedding readings I've ever heard. My law school friend Mark and his wife Mary, two people I love love love, were at the wedding, so it was great to catch up with them. They live far away in Brooklyn. I think this was also the first wedding I've been to without Rob since Fall 2002! I definitely missed not having him with me on the dance floor.

My trip to DC was a bit of a whirlwind. I left Chi-town at 10am on Sunday, arrived in DC, checked into my hotel, raced to the mall to buy a dress to wear at the wedding, ran back to my hotel to get ready, headed out to the wedding, partied it up, went back to the hotel to do some work, went to sleep at 1am, then woke up at 4:30am to make it to the airport on time. When I got on the plane coming home on Monday morning at 6:30am, I noticed it had the same flight crew as my flight the day before. I think that means my stay was too short.

Back to work I go, but since I've used the blog to complain about bad service from random companies from time to time, I should share one more thing. I called T-Mobile the other day because we had a random $17 charge on our last bill. After explaining the issue, I was put on hold for a few seconds. Then the operator came back, apologized profusely, said there was no excuse for the charge, and removed it.

Whoa.

Who knew companies could be nice?

1 comment:

Valerie said...

You have to visit us when you come to NYC for the marathon in November.