Sunday, February 08, 2009

Toronto

Rob and I were in Toronto this past weekend. (Not the past month, as you might suspect given my latest blogging hiatus. It's just work keeping me away. When I'm exhausted, I'm sad to say that blogging takes a backseat behind reality television. No better excuse than that.)

Anywho, we were in Toronto to make up for my traveling so much in January, including on our anniversary. And then I'd promised Rob the whole weekend following our anniversary, but I had to work the whole weekend. So I planned a trip to Toronto for our 3 years and 1 month-iversary to make up for it. Rob and I had never been to Canada before and got a great deal to Toronto in the dead of winter, probably because it's supposed to be insanely cold there these days.

Fortunately for us, the weather in Toronto was great (for Canada) just as it was in Chicago this past weekend. On Saturday it was a little drizzly, but the temperatures hit as high as 50 degrees. On Sunday it was colder, down to about 30, but it was sunny. Given the single digits we have had lately in Chicago, Toronto felt fantastic.

The weekend was great form start to finish. Rob found an amazing restaurant for us to go to on Friday night for a belated, posh anniversary dinner. If you go to Toronto, go to Lucien. And just get the tasting. Every bite we had was superb.

I will try to blog more about the rest of our weekend soon. Work beckons. For now, here's some pictures. :)

A bit of pilsner at Steam Whistle Brewery. Bummer this beer isn't in the States. It's really good.

Rob outside the CN Tower. We did not go up. It was too freaky just looking up at it.


Rob in the Montreal "locker room" in the Hockey Hall of Fame, which is a great hall of fame, even for hockey novices.

Me and my high school friend Maurissa. She moved to Toronto a week ago. She'd seen my Facebook status said I was in Canada and emailed me to see if I was in Toronto. So we met up for lunch on Saturday. Too fun!



Me in a public square on the way to St. Lawrence Market, which is phenomenal. I couldn't get over how many public spaces and public sculptures are all over Toronto. It gave a feeling to the city I can't quite explain, but that I absolutely loved. I could totally live in Toronto. Save the cold. But that's what I once said about Chicago....

No comments: