Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lots of Near Misses

Our holiday weekend seemed to be marked with lots of near misses with fun. Most of this was my fault as I spent the bulk of the weekend working, and much of the rest of the weekend under the weather. So Rob spent most of his weekend just keeping me company. Throw in some car issues on the side, and we ended up missing just about everything we planned. Saturday night we went out for a dinner and a movie date, with plans to meet our friends Ali and Eddie at a nearby bar when the movie was done. But with me feeling under the weather, we ended up heading home once the movie was done. Sunday we were hoping to head out to my aunt and uncle's house for their monthly family birthday gathering. But I was still feeling lousy and staring down a pile of work needing to be finished by Monday. The pile didn't end until about 1am... due mainly to my inability to concentrate for more than a few minutes at a time... so we never got out the door. With most of my work done, we planned on Monday to spend the afternoon at our friends' Kate and Chris's BBQ. But car issues bogged us down until dinner time. So we missed just about everyone we wanted to see this weekend.

We finally were able to jump in a cab and head to my sister's for dinner on Monday night, which included two lively rounds of Apples to Apples with some of Resa and Nick's friends as well. It's a very fun game, especially when your friends like to argue. Shockingly my sister and I both have lots of argument-loving friends. :) I'd like to think the game is mainly about luck, but I'm really terrible at it while Rob's consistently amazing at it. People always pick his cards. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Anyway, for everyone we missed this weekend, we are lame, we know. We really know.

No comments: